[Buddha-l] Request for help from learned members of this list

mburch5717 at aol.com mburch5717 at aol.com
Wed May 13 20:31:23 MDT 2009

I've been a lurker on this site for some time and have been enormously impressed by the vast erudition of its various members.

As someone who is relatively new to the study of Buddhism but who has a great desire to study it more deeply I wanted to request your help.

Thus far all my knowledge of Buddhism has derived directly from reading books about it on my own but as anyone who has ever studied any subject independently knows there are significant problems with being an autodidact.

I would like to undertake a broad and in-depth study of Buddhism including Buddhist practice with the goal of becoming a better Buddhist but am at a loss?as to what to do.

In giving me your advice on what to do it may help you to realize that I'm a married man, 56 years of age who lives approximately an hour south of Los Angeles, CA.

I would welcome any and all advice.

Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike