[Buddha-l] FW: beauty--or art-- (?) and the restraintof thesenses

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed May 13 09:26:04 MDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: buddha-l-bounces at mailman.swcp.com [mailto:buddha-l-bounces at mailman.swcp.com] On Behalf Of Erik Hoogcarspel
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:13 AM

Being a guttersnipe myself I know all about phoney poetry. Some of my associates made a living from it. I suppose today it's hiphop. I suppose the Buddha would not endorse this kind of art. But there is good poetry and it doesn't have to be Śantideva or Aśvagoṣa.

Erik

NB, the discussion that I started about VISUAL art(s) was not about poetry.
When I referred to Wordsworth and a few of the others, it should have been clear that I
wasn't referring to his poetry per se but to his philosophy of experiencing nature.
But, as usual, internet discussions tend to roam and to dissipate. The latter is one
of their better features.
Cheers, JK