[Buddha-l] karma and consequences

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:52:55 MDT 2009

Robert wrote:

RE> Vicente, I think there is a major difference between the law of
RE> karma and atomic theory which stops me accepting your analogy.
RE> Atomic theory makes fruitful predictions which we can then apply
RE> in experience, but karmic theory makes no such predictions.

that's not real. Kamma is accomplished without any failure.
Can you give some example of kamma not accomplished?

Of course, if you go beyond what kamma explain then you cannot expect
fruitful explanations. In the same way the atomic theory can make
fruitful predictions only while we are inside the same atomic theory.

When you request a "prediction" you are referring to the
accomplishment of your own mental images, an scenery that you call
"future". These images inside your mind are developed using a
space-time logics in accordance with the same atomic theory (btw, also
in your mind), and in that way will be accomplished.
Such type of validation is proper to one way of knowledge - the
scientific method - but this is not an explanation of the nature of
knowledge. For this reason there are many common things which are real
and different of this way to know: art and Religion, in example.

In short: one is the only author of the logics of his perceived world.
If one want to be an scientific guy with an scientific mind and living
in a scientific world, for sure one must learn to manage the atomic
theory. However, if one want to be a Buddhist guy with a Buddhist mind
and living in a Buddhist world, then one must learn to manage kamma.
If one is able to manage more than one way to explain the world then
this person will be in a highest state than most of people.

Anyway, there is not any definitive way to know the phenomena when our
perception and knowledge exists in a relation between subject and
object.  Finally, our mind health and the real knowledge of the life
must be measured according  the happiness in yourself and the people
around you.

best regards,