[Buddha-l] means of ego-inflation

Robert Ellis robertupeksa at talktalk.net
Wed Mar 4 15:07:05 MST 2009

Piya Tan wrote:
<<So you must be right: calling oneself a Buddhist is one extreme, not
calling oneself a Buddhist is the other. (I thought you are a
Dharmachari.)>>

If you mean dharmachari in the specific sense of member of the Western Buddhist Order, then I used to be one but resigned a year ago. I am now a follower of the Middle Way but not a Buddhist, because it became clear to me that most Buddhists do not give priority to the Middle Way, and are not prepared to let go of the many aspects of Buddhist tradition that conflict with it. The label "Buddhist" just became a burden, and I was struggling against the traditionalists in the Order all the time.

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Ellis

website: www.moralobjectivity.net