[Buddha-l] re. means of ego-inflation

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 09:08:01 MST 2009

At the risk of sounding supercilious, after 30 years of Buddhism
(beginning with Theravada, then dabbling in Mahayana and Vajrayana)
like a land-sighting bird, I returned to the "Theravada" or
pre-sectarian Buddhism. I find a comparative study of the Pali texts
and English translations of the Chinese Agama very refreshing and
helpful.

Now with better Pali texts (such as the World Tipitaka available
online), and better translations and close studies, such studies and
Buddhist living become easier.

With some level of personal meditation practice and open friendliness,
I find Buddhism to be like an art form. I can try more easily see
beauty in impermanence and feel goodness in being responsively aware
of others.

With metta\,

Piya Tan