[Buddha-l] modern buddhist teachers---PS

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jun 24 10:31:01 MDT 2009

In many ways it is an unfair comparison, but what I have in mind
is whether or not there are any modern Buddhist teachers who have
anything like the same kind of stature among 21st century
Buddhists in Asia that one finds for Vivekananda, Aurobindo and
Gandhi among Hindus?

Curt

"stature among 21st century Buddhists in Asia "--- if you are
looking for modernization of Buddhism (however organized and
practiced) in Asia, I doubt if anything very innovative will turn
up. Seems that modernization of the ancient way is more typical
of what has been happening to it in the "west," especially in the
USA & also maybe CA and South America.

Joanna