[Buddha-l] Everybody on vacation?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Jun 14 10:01:29 MDT 2009

Yes meditation does warp the impression of time passing.
Mindfulness/attention/concentration while doing garden or
housework
also does it (this is a female retired person writing here).
Often while doing such work, one's mind wanders into monkey-mode,
and so one loses attention to what one's doing. Suddenly it's
6-7pm already....day over.

Recently TV here changed to digital. I didn't pay for the
converter box nor the new antenna needed in my area to get it, so
now watching TV is over. This has led to time slow-down too. More
book reading ensues. That's good. Reading a good book is a
time-slower, alleviating the feeling that one's remaining time is
too short because learning continues.
Maybe learning about things is the best part of being alive;
making things (like cooking or gardening) comes next. One doesn't
grieve over those things being impermanent. Where's the dukkha?

Joanna