[Buddha-l] Everybody on vacation?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jun 13 14:14:08 MDT 2009

Hi Erik,

Thanks for this gem:
"Even if you could control it, what good would it do if you
wouldn't be able to remember your last life? You would be a
Gujarati businessman, probably by the name of Patel, and you
would consider the ease with which you would speak Gujarati as
quite normal and not being worth a second thought.  You would
however probably take evening class to improve your English. :-)"

--and for the chuckle.  Speaking of Patels--was recently in
Chicago and went to a Patel grocery store--what an array of yummy
Indian fresh veggies they have --also they had fresh liichiis. A
big hit with me & another guest where I was staying. Haven't et
those since I was last in Punjab.

"I sometimes get the feeling that most people believe in
reincarnation because they want to be someone who believes in
reincarnation."

That's not me, Jack!
My thought of course was a small version about one favorite theme
among some of us: so much to read, so little time.

Joanna