[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 53, Issue 39

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Jul 25 16:26:22 MDT 2009

On Jul 25, 2009, at 12:37 PM, schnipp schnupp wrote:

> You asked me about pancara. Please explain pancara and tell us what
> you want to say with it.

I think the term I asked about was prapañca. It has many meanings and
possible translations. One meaning is an obsessive dwelling on one
point as a result of being in the throes of delusion and either greed
or animosity. Somehow your obsession with Thich Nhat Hanh, to which
you have referred on previous occasions, comes to mind as an example
of an obsessive clinging to a topic and an inability to move on. (But
this is only my personal opinion as co-moderator of this list. It is
not the decision of any gremium that I know about.)

> What I asked for in my rejected posting was if anyone knows of a
> bhikkhu sangha decision concerning TNH in the US.

Given that no one has replied, I'd guess that no one on buddha-l does
know of such a decision. Now that you know what you sought to learn,
are there any other topics you'd like to discuss, or are you a one-
topic contributor?

Richard