[Buddha-l] Extreme practice

Zelders.YH zelders.yh at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 9 18:15:35 MDT 2009

MQ writes :

>Thich Quang Duc did not self-immolated. He was doused with gasoline
>and set to fire, that explained why Mrs Nhu said "he was barbecued".

According to the eyewitness report of Mr. Halberstam Thich Quang Duc
set fire to himself. No reason to doubt that.

>BTW, Mr Nhu was not head of the police chief, and Mr Diem was not a
>dictator, he was ?democratically elected, like Obama or the one in Iran.

Yes, and even now, I'm sorry to say, some people prefer to think that
the monks and nuns who burned themselves were in league with the VC,
(the VC of course being a horde of subhuman orks of some kind).

>Just want to set the record straight.

Nothing personal, but oh please. Life is full of tragedies, let us
agree on this.

Herman