[Buddha-l] Mirror neurons, anyone?

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 18 13:04:00 MST 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Franz Metcalf wrote:

> Does Siegel talk about attachment theory? People like Alan Fonagy (who
> calls this process "mentalization")? In any case, I plainly must read
> Siegel's work.

Siegel is one of the moving forces in that field. The only reason I
know is because we adopted a child who, unbeknownst to us, had severe
Reactive Attachment Disorder. The leading clinical person in the
field, Daniel Hughes, was able to develop strategies based on Siegel's
insights and work. _The Mindful Brain_ does talk about attachment and
more specifically "secure attachment" but not in a whole lot of detail.

Steve Feite