[Buddha-l] Enneagram-L

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Jan 13 10:13:36 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 08:19 -0500, Curt Steinmetz wrote:

> Are siddhis anything like cooties?

There is no connection whatsoever. As everyone knows, a groupie is
someone who hangs out with groups. Similarly, a cootie is someone who
hangs out with coots. I did this just a few days ago at Bosque del
Apache wildlife preserve. Many of well-meaning friend has made me an
honorary coot elder; I'm assuming that's what they mean in calling me an
old coot. So we now see the derivational pattern. Obviously, a siddhi is
someone who hangs out with Siddh, which is what a Jewish Buddhist friend
of mine likes to call Siddhārtha.

We're all siddhis here on buddha-l.

--
Richard