[Buddha-l] Voegelin and Nansen's cat

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Sat Jan 3 10:01:35 MST 2009

jkirk wrote:

> Truly I never imagined that the rescue of this
> thread can awake all these passions. I wonder if the USA
> psychotherapy is an equivalent of European soccer, and in that
> case, the European decadence is complete.

The problem is that Nazism is part of the collective karma of the
western psyche, and some choose to attempt to exorcise this part of our
shadow through the ancient practice of "scapegoating". Instead of facing
up to just how un-anomalous Nazism is in the history of "the west" over
the last 1500 years, an attempt is made to single out individuals and/or
"movements" and to brand them as "pro-Nazi" aberrations, while neatly
and conveniently exonerating the rest of us.

Whatever gets your through the (long dark) night (of the soul), I guess.

Curt Steinmetz