[Buddha-l] Buddhism, Economics, Social Welfare and Governance

Mahinda Deegalle dmahinda at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 09:17:06 MST 2009

Dear All:
I am just writing to check whether any of you can help me by citing some of the young scholars and recent publications on the theme of Buddhism, economics and business affairs.

I am interested in matters related to social welfare state and governance including in attending to the issues of economic development, economic crisis management, and extending the welfare programmes of the state and non-governmental organizations. All these issues from a Buddhist angle and standpoint.

I know a few books like Payutto, Schumacher and Ariyaratne on Buddhist economics but I want to know more and in particular the way Buddhism deals with contemporary economic and business crisis and problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Mahinda Deegalle

 Dr. Mahinda Deegalle
Senior Lecturer in the Study of Religions
School of Historical and Cultural Studies
Bath Spa University
Newton Park
Bath BA2 9BN, United Kingdom
Phone: 44+(0)1225-875429(W); Fax:   44+(0)1225-875605(W)