[Buddha-l] What's the use of buddha-l?

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 08:36:43 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 07:50 -0700, Richard, the Greater and Younger,
wrote:
> It all started a couple of weeks ago when Dan Lusthaus wrote to Jim
> Peavler and me and asked why his messages were being returned as if
> they had been sent to a non-existent address. A quick investigation
> revealed that SWCP had by mistake closed down buddha-l. (I knew it
> would happen eventually, since I happen to know one of the employees
> at SWCP, and I happen to know he is a Christian, and I happen to have
> learned on buddha-l that Christians are intolerant, so it was obvious
> to me that SWCP would eventually sabotage buddha-l and then blame the
> Jews. But I digress.) The mistaken termination of buddha-l was
> remedied within a couple of hours. A bit of money changed hands,
> promises were made, a few marriages were arranged, a country or two
> were invaded, some airplanes were hijacked and whatnot. To make a long
> story short, done was what had to be done, and as a result buddha-l
> was soon back in business.

Lusthaus's karma is such a humongous mixed bag. Having know-ledge of
co-dependent families, I recognize Hayes's fabrication as either a a)
deception or b) a cover-up for  some impulsive 'con' conning or bribing
SWCP to drop buddha-l, forgetting or feeling shame, and then clamoring
about personal persecutions. "Pure Land, zen, quaker, ex-French
Catholics" types are so-o-o complex, for lack of better summary.

Our concern should be that staff of SWCP is being trained to enable.

Anyways, the news of buddha-l continuing is pleasant, not neutral or
aversive.

Richard Basham