[Buddha-l] The state of buddha-l: a brief report

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Sat Aug 15 17:41:19 MDT 2009

Denizens,

Yes, the current discussion on H-Buddhism is, I believe, the most
discursive we've ever had. We're pretty buttoned down over there, but
the topic of diacritics and footnotes has somehow pushed those
buttons. I've even contributed, myself. Just in case anyone's
interested in the conversation--which Richard has given an amusingly
accurate description of--you *can* find the log here and click to read
the posts:

<http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=lx&list=h-buddhism&user=&pw=&month=0908

You cannot, though, post to the list. That privilege we reserve for
our exaltedly educated selves.

Cheers,

Franz
(who, for full disclosure, must admit he's an H-Buddhism moderator)