[Buddha-l] cloyingly sweet? Call Me By My True Name (was the SlowMovement)

Weng-Fai Wong wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Tue Aug 11 02:04:17 MDT 2009

Somehow the subject reminds me of a conversation with a doctor friend. He
declared "I never watch sob movies, only the brainless ones with happy
endings". I asked "Why?" He replied, "I work in the Emergency Department...
I see trauma and human tragedies everyday. Why do I need to see more of it
in the movies? It will depress me further."

W.F. Wong