[Buddha-l] demise in asia

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 18:29:44 MDT 2008

I was hearing one of the many talks by Ayya Khema that I've downloaded lately from http://www.kalyanamitta.net.  This talk was from the 1990s, but I'm not sure what year (she died in 1997 and the website lists talks from 1990 and from 1996, as well as other non-dated talks).  She says that the Buddha had predicted the decline of Buddhism, and that we were about midway into the decline (i.e., another 2500 years to go).  She also says that at this midpoint there would be a 100-year mild upswing and that we were about 40 years into it (i.e., about 60 more years to go).  Can anyone on this list reference this?

Katherine