[Buddha-l] About Gary Snyder--article in New Yorker

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 09:01:16 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/26/2008 7:22:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

>  Maybe Gary Snyder is the only contemporary poet who can write,
> with  dharma in mind, really good poems.

I would count Philip  Whalen and Diana Di Prima among those who have
written really good poems  with dharma in mind.
======
Leonard Cohen. By the way, I didn't know this until recently but at one  time
Cohen took the robes as a ordained Zen monk.

Jack