[Buddha-l] Acting on emptiness

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Oct 21 11:00:46 MDT 2008

. To me this relates to the crucial question of how to pick a
guru. I think you would want to study someone pretty carefully
for an extended period before you were ready to decide, and make
the best judgment you could based on the evidence available,
unless you wish to follow the example of Milarepa who seems to
have experienced some flash of intuitive certainty when he first
met Marpa.

    Well that will do it for now from me.

                             All the best,      Alex Naughton
Yes, and the question about "how to tell if," etc., also hints at
another question that often surfaces: how does one figure out if
a person is "enlightened", a question that this list has already
sort of deconstructed as pointlessness on the path.

Joanna