[Buddha-l] Thai-Cambodian war over Temple ownership

Chris castanford at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:03:26 MDT 2008

Thank you for your NYT e-clipping service in support of the enlightenment of
the Buddha-l community.

Clearly, this 'news' regarding territorial pissing rites around a Hindu
temple is of great significance to you, (You not only provided a link to
your story but went on to copy that entire story in full.) and quite
possibly others  However, to those of us who actually live in the region of
Khao Phra Viharn, the brand of rhetoric you employ is amusing if not
completely factual. Emotively loaded terms such as 'war' are, in my opinion,
a tad out of place on this forum, as is the subject matter, *i.e.,* the
politics of a Hindu temple. But, I could be wrong.

As for the regretable loss of life resulting from this skirmish, far more
people lost their life as road-kill on the highways of Thailand over the
past week than died from involvement in your 'war'.But, as was observed on
this forum recently, why let facts get in the way of a good story?

Keep up your e-clipping service, Dan