[Buddha-l] Buddhist ethics and genetic engineering

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 28 04:01:42 MST 2008

S.A. Feite schreef:
> On Nov 27, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:
>

>> Let's begin with reconsidering the Buddhist appreciation of the
>> first case of gentech: Ganesha.  :-)
>> And how should we evaluate the existence of creatures with four
>> heads or even thousand arms for crying out loud?
>>

> Well, let's keep in mind these aren't *physical* beings. OK?
>
> Perhaps we should consider that non-physical beings are expressions of
> the "coiled-one", the "spiritual" DNA, kuNDalini. After all "yathA
> piNde, tathA brahmANde": "As the human body, so the multiverse". Maybe
> there's something to that...
>
> Steve Feite
> Bucksport, maine

There's no need to discriminate against our virtual fellow creatures some of them like Jesus or Allah do a great job, they have more employees than Microsoft or Google. And to say that they are twisted is uncalled for. :-)
Anyway I think guys like Chenrezig and Ganesh just set a bad example, fyiscal or not. Read http://www.stanford.edu/dept/HPS/Haraway/CyborgManifesto.html

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950