[Buddha-l] Buddhist ethics and genetic engineering

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 27 20:05:56 MST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

> Let's begin with reconsidering the Buddhist appreciation of the
> first case of gentech: Ganesha.  :-)
> And how should we evaluate the existence of creatures with four
> heads or even thousand arms for crying out loud?

Well, let's keep in mind these aren't *physical* beings. OK?

Perhaps we should consider that non-physical beings are expressions of
the "coiled-one", the "spiritual" DNA, kuNDalini. After all "yathA
piNde, tathA brahmANde": "As the human body, so the multiverse". Maybe
there's something to that...

Steve Feite
Bucksport, maine