[Buddha-l] buddhism and brain studies

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Thu Nov 13 19:12:27 MST 2008

Methinks floor-seated meditation is overrated (though I do it);
meditation can be done well seated on a chair with one's back straight
too. It's quite crazy how many meditators spend years struggling with
pain in the knees. Basic meditation is after all, mental cultivation -
not like physical yoga.

From: Jackhat1 at aol.com [mailto:Jackhat1 at aol.com]

> ... First, a daily meditation practice dealing with minor
problems such as the pain in your knee teaches you to deal with the
bigger
problems we all have such as illness, death of a loved one, etc.