[Buddha-l] from our mutual noggin

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Nov 7 11:47:23 MST 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 10:30, Curt Steinmetz wrote:
> Richard Hayes wrote:
> > I think it may be worth adding that the male body has enough blood to
> > operate the brain or to erect the penis, but not enough to do both at
> > the same time.
>
> But that is by Design.

I am of the persuasion that all Design is by Accident. (Hence the passage in
the scriptures that begins "And God goofed again..."

> The functioning of one interferes with the other
> - so it's a safety mechanism, really.

I'm still trying to figure out just who is made safe by this mechanism. Seems
to me it's one of the most dangerous mechanisms in the natural world.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Foolosophy