[Buddha-l] Sharon Stone and Karma

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Wed May 28 10:15:31 MDT 2008

I just attended a retreat led by a Hindu guru who said that both the
earthquake in China and the "tornadoes" (her word) in Burma were the
result of the pernicious influence of the planet Saturn. However, her
conclusion was not that this is just "their karma" - but rather that we
all need to pray very hard to help the people who are feeling the bad
effects of this karma.

Then on Sunday I was talking to some friends and one of them agreed with
Sharon Stone that China was just getting what it deserved, so to speak.
I responded that the Gods should really be less subtle in their
messages. They should hoist up the leadership of the CCP in the middle
of Beijing - and slowly strangle them as they float miraculously in
mid-air. While this is happening a loud voice should ring out from the
sky: "THIS is what We do to people who mess with the Buddhadharma!"
Since these are Buddhist Gods, though, the CCP members will be lowered
back to the ground still alive. Barely.

Curt Steinmetz