[Buddha-l] Seeking Assistance Identifying Quotes

alx437 at charter.net alx437 at charter.net
Wed May 28 08:51:46 MDT 2008

   Dear Buddha-L emanations,

      I have been working on translating a text, finishing up the translation from my dissertation, and I have run across the following passages that appear to be quotations from other sources. I was wondering if anyone might be able to identify them for me, where they came from, that kind of thing.
    Six of them:

nava-bhuumir atikramya da'samyaam punar bhuumau bodhisattvo buddha eva vaktavyo na tu samyak-sa.mbuddha

tri-yaana-vyavasthaanam aabhipraayika.h na lak.sa.nikam

naag.rhıta-vis’es’a.naa vis’e.sye buddhir utpadyate

vikalpa-kle'saa bodhisattvaa

audaarikan tama.h suuk.sme.naalokena suuk.smañ caadhimaatre.na hanyata

eka-vijñaana-sa.mtataya.h sattvaa

     The first one I think comes from the 25,000 PP, although that doesn't help much I know. Other texts cited in this work have included:
Pramaa.navaarttika
Ratnagotra-vibhaaga
Abhidharma-ko'sa
Vim'satika
Madhyaanta-Vibhaaga
Catu.h'sataka,
Madhyamakaala.mkaara
Muula-Madhyamaka-Kaarikaa

     Not all the quotations are exact, so that adds some additional difficulty. I would also appreciate it if anyone could suggest some other forum where I might possibly obtain the information that I am seeking. Since this is the only list I am on, there might be other lists out there better suited to my purpose than this one.
    And if no one has any suggestions, I am no worse off than I was before.
    Thanks for paying attention, that's all for now.

                 All the best,        Alex Naughton