[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 18 15:17:30 MDT 2008

jkirk schreef:
> Right Curt--but the decline and fall of empires ends up taking millions of
> people and resources with them.
> Ex.: the USA today--here and abroad. We in the USA haven't resisted the
> comsumeristification promoted by our elites since McGovern lost his run for
> the presidency, leaving our country with dependence on foreign oil and
> degradation of our own environment and our oceans.
>
> Joanna

I think the Tibetans just have to sit it out. Giving the maximum amount of pressure this time and again whenever possible. But then again one never knows. The Qin only lasted from 221 B.C. to 206 B.C. The present regime has somewhat similar ideas and methods, but they are losening up. The general tendency of public opinion nowadays is that repression is for losers. If the regime discovers that their method is not effective and makes them lose face abroad, who knows what they or the next leaders will do? I don't know how popular they are in China, (there have been demonstrations against  land reforms recently) but I can imagine that not everyone in China is very happy with communism. My Taiji teacher hates it anyway. So maybe things will change soon. The Berlin wall fell without a warning too.

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
Productie: http://stores.lulu.com/jehmsstudio