[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Mar 18 10:22:26 MDT 2008

Right Curt--but the decline and fall of empires ends up taking millions of
people and resources with them.
Ex.: the USA today--here and abroad. We in the USA haven't resisted the
comsumeristification promoted by our elites since McGovern lost his run for
the presidency, leaving our country with dependence on foreign oil and
degradation of our own environment and our oceans.

Joanna

There is nothing inevitable about a Tibet vs. China match-up. Empires
over-reach all the time - and all empires fall eventually. In terms of
preserving Tibetan culture it is absolutely essential that the Tibetans
resist the demographic Sinnification. Making Chinese nationals in Tibet feel
unwelcome seems like a very effective strategy to that end.

But of course it is up to the Tibetans to decide how they should resist.

Curt