[Buddha-l] Life of Buddha by Tezuka

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Wed Mar 5 12:57:53 MST 2008

As in most things I am very inconsistent in my literary criticism -
there are even some "Complete Idiots" books that I have enjoyed - Linda
Johnsen's "Complete Idiot's Guide to Hinduism" for example.

Speaking of which, there is actually a "Complete Idiot's Guide to the
Life of the Buddha" - anyone read that or know anything about it's
author, Victoria Urubshurow?

Here are two other candidates that I am actually more interested in:

Hajime Nakamura's "Gotama Buddha: A Biography Based on the Most Reliable
Texts", and

Bhikkhu Nanamoli's "The Life of the Buddha: According to the Pali Canon".

Curt