[Buddha-l] Life of Buddha by Tezuka

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Tue Mar 4 15:18:09 MST 2008

Joanna et al.,

Thanks for the reminder of Tezuka's series. I have the first two
volumes and I enjoyed them a great deal. I'm not a comics reader, but,
as Duffy says, Tezuka brings you into that world with ease. Back at
the height of my flickering fame, I had some back-and-forth with
Vertical, the publishers (though the series is now published by
HarperCollins), and even blurbed the books. I really did enjoy them.
Now I reckon I'll have to get the rest of the series. Perhaps I'll
read them to my daughter (though there's plenty of violence).

Great countercultural jibes from Duffy, too.

Franz