[Buddha-l] The Origins of Om Manipadme Hum

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:44:28 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 04:48 -0700, Jayarava wrote:

> I find myself in the interesting position of having being praised by
> Richard without apparent irony which may mean that he actually likes
> what I write.

Now, Jayarava, you should know by now that I don't do irony. I live in
New Mexico, which still has a Stoned Age culture, which as any
archaeologist can tell you precedes the Irony Age by several kiloyears.

> (BTW Richard are you going to the Convention in India in 2009?)

Probably not. I'm not very conventional in my approach to Buddhism. Mine
is an approach that more than one well-wisher has called disOrderly.

> BTW Thanks to whoever it was who first mentioned jayarava.blogspot.com
> I had my highest daily readership the day after that!

It was Curt who mentioned it. You might offer him a modest percentage of
the enormous profits you no doubt make as a blogger. He likes to be paid
in lollipops.

--
Richard Hayes (know in the netherworld as Dayamati)
http://dayamati.blogspot.com (shameless self-promotion saves precious lollipops)