[Buddha-l] U.S. Buddhism

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Jul 15 20:14:03 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 16:08 -0400, Patricia Q. Campbell wrote:

> A lot of the 'western' Buddhists (if we can call them either)
> that I have spoken to just "don't like labels."

There is a label for such people: sophomores. (I should know. I'm one of
them. It must be something that was in the drinking water in the 1950s
that made so many people who were children then stop developing at the
stage of early adolescence and to nurture a life-long allergy to being
described in any way.)

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy