[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 15:06:38 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/8/2008 3:58:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
sfeite at adelphia.net writes:

What  type of  Buddhist mantra meditation are you referring to?
>  ===
> Samadhi (concentration/absorption) meditation using a mantra  as
> object of
> meditation.

As in Vajrayana  practice? I'm just curious as to which system of
practice you're  referring.
====
As in Theravada.'s Visuddhimagga. Put your attention on the meditation
object, in this case, a mantra. Keep returning your attention to the  mantra.

My Korean Zen training started off the same way.

jack

48)