[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 14:52:25 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/8/2008 3:37:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
sfeite at adelphia.net writes:

> The  other day I saw some TM-people being interviewed and they still
>  bragged about the Maharishi effect, if more then 10% of the
>  population is doing TM, the crimerate should go down.
===
Here is a NY Times article on this effect in New York City:
_http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CEFDE153CF93BA1575BC0A965958260_
(http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CEFDE153CF93BA1575BC0A965958260) .

Here is another study of meditation's effect on Washington, ED crime.
_http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/_ (http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/)
If I remember correctly, the police chief of Washington validated the  study.

I'm not sure what to believe but it sure is interesting.

jack

48)