[Buddha-l] more signs of mappo

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:28:10 MST 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 02:57, Piya Tan wrote:

> On the bright side, I just discovered that Richard has a new website:

The website is not so new, but I'm glad it occasionally is discovered by a new
surfer.

> He must have stolen Walt Witman's photo and pasted it onto his website,
> wearing a sort of Amish-like hat :)

Last autumn I met a distant relative by chance, and we got into a political
discussion of sorts. (I don't know how that happened; I rarely talk about
politics, especially with relatives.) In the course of the discussion, it
came to light that I advocate absolute pacifism, totally disbanding the US
military, completely dismantling the US nuclear arsenal and all conventional
weaponry and that sort of thing. My distant relative (who was in complete
agreement with me) said "I thought you probably would hold such views. I see
by your hat that you are a Quaker." (He was right. I am a Quaker. But how he
knew that when I was wearing an Amish hat, we'll never know.)

The relatively new website on which I spout all these views, most of which
make our friend Lusthaus apoplectic with envy that he could say such wise
things, is http://dayamati.blogspot.com

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy