[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 8 06:37:19 MST 2008

Op Vr, 8 februari, 2008 11:03, schreef Piya Tan:
>> Erik,
>>
>> You mentioned "the late Bhante Mettaviharee," is he the one who started
>> Thai
>> monastery in Waalwijk, the Netherlands? When did he pass away (if this
>> is
>> him),
>> and who is in charge of his monastery now?
>>
>> I spent one vassa there in the late 1970s.
>>
>> Metta,
>>
>> Piya Tan

Dear Piya

He is the one. We met every few months or so from 1978 to 1985 and he used
to stay in my house. He passed away on March 25th 2007, from a heart
attack. Around 1985 he left Waalwijk, devoting himslef exclusively to
giving retreats and courses on Vipassana. I don't know the name of the
residing monk.

erik