[Buddha-l] Purpose of life

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Aug 28 13:56:23 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 20:29:40 Benito Carral Diez wrote:

>    I'm  doing  a  research  involving  the  question of
> purpose  and  I would like to know what is your purpose
> of life as Buddhists.

As a Buddhist, the main purpose of my life is to avoid superfluous labels,
such as "Buddhist".

> In addition, I would also like to
> know how you respond to the Camus's questions, "Is life
> worth living? Why?"

"Is life worth living" is something a person should ask before volunteering to
be born. Once you've signed up for another tour of duty, it's pointless to
ask such questions. I have no idea who this Camus fellow was (he's a stranger
to me), but I'd advise him to get a life.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy