[Buddha-l] News from Burma: bludgeoning monks bythe'lone-tein

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Sep 28 08:18:31 MDT 2007

Thanks Chris--will do
Joanna

-----Original Message-----
From: buddha-l-bounces at mailman.swcp.com
[mailto:buddha-l-bounces at mailman.swcp.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Fynn
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 8:02 AM
To: Buddhist discussion forum
Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] News from Burma: bludgeoning monks bythe'lone-tein

Hi Joanna

Please send a message expressing your concern to the Prime Minister of India
at:
<http://pmindia.nic.in/write.htm> - the message needs to be 500 characters
or less and since the submit button disappears after a couple of minutes you
may first need to compose the message off-line so you can cut and paste it
into the form.

Here is what I wrote:
<<Respectfully I ask that you & your govt. reflect on events in Myanmar. As
a neighbour India holds an important key to resolving this situation.
India's interests and those of Myanmar & the region in peaceful resolution
are inseparable.

The regime has lost any legitimacy & surely must go. Let this be with
Indias'
enlightened aid. The time to act is now. With compassion, show decisive
leadership with other like minded nations to support peaceful change.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.>>

I still have a bit of faith in India's democratic ideals - despite many
failings I think it at least wants to believe it upholds peace & and
democracy. I have no such faith in China.

- Chris