[Buddha-l] BURMA [Fwd: News from Burma: bludgeoning monks bythe'lone-tein' ]

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 28 03:08:15 MDT 2007

Well, they won't be 'novices', but the majority of monks in Burma at
this time (October) will have been ordained in the last few months.

No doubt, a few will be politically oriented individuals seeking a
lever against the regime. But of course shooting monks would hardly
be acceptable even if they had only been ordained a day !

The problem is that the mainstay of the regime is hostility to
foreign influence. So it is hard to imagine anything which will do
more to support the military than protests by foreigners, especially
westerners. And especially speeches by Bush, Brown and the like.

Lance