[Buddha-l] sam harris at the aspen institute

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Sep 15 10:28:06 MDT 2007

On Friday 14 September 2007 08:37, Ngawang Dorje wrote:

>   Who is Charles Peirce? Can you tell me a few Buddhist books written by
> him?

Charles S. Peirce was a scientific writer in the last 1800s who is often
credited without founding the Pragmatist movement of American philosophy,
which was eventually highjacked by William James. Peirce is remembered for
his work on logical theory, scientific method and mathematics. He never wrote
even a single sentence, as far as I know, on Buddhism. That is part of what
makes him my favorite Buddhist author.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy