[Buddha-l] Dangerous religious literature?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Sep 12 13:39:11 MDT 2007

One way to find out about it is to contact some or all of the various
organizations that I posted to the list that donate books on Buddhism to
prisons. That's partly why I posted the list.
Suggest starting with Zen Mountain Monastery's program since they are in New
York, a law 'n order state since Mayor Giuliani. S.A. Feite posted to the
list indicating that one NY program had made a stab at book elimination,
only to reinstate the collection when the Zen teacher talked to them about
it.
Joanna
What I have not been able to find is the list of Buddhist books that are
still (that is, after September 11, 2001) allowed in federal prisons by the
authorities who have limited religious literature lest it breed terrorist
sentiments.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy