[Buddha-l] Best Buddha bio?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Oct 19 13:47:56 MDT 2007

 Hmmm...an 8 vol, manga? How much does all that weigh? Or are the issues the
size of US comic books?and how could one get a copy of it?

Also, I didn't know you read Japanese, but then if one knows the Buddha's
bio I guess one could figure out the comics without actually reading the
text.
I too found Old Path White Clouds a satisfying and informative read.
JK

I very much like Thich Nhat Hanh's  "Old Path White Clouds" as a very
readable and thorough biography.

At the risk of being taken as a frivolous boob (again) I would recommend the
8 volume manga called simply "Buddha" by the great Osamu Twzuka, which I not
only own for myself, but bought for my local Zen center's library.  Nothing
beats it for a really chilling picture of the state of society and suffering
in the time of the Buddha.

On Oct 18, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Mr Michael A. La Torra wrote:

> Hi Buddha-lers,
> I am looking for your recommendations on the best biography of the
> Buddha. Two books that have already been recommended to me are:

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:10 AM