[Buddha-l] Best Buddha bio?

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Fri Oct 19 12:10:22 MDT 2007

I very much like Thich Nhat Hanh's  "Old Path White Clouds" as a very
readable and thorough biography.

At the risk of being taken as a frivolous boob (again) I would
recommend the 8 volume manga called simply "Buddha" by the great
Osamu Twzuka, which I not only own for myself, but bought for my
local Zen center's library.  Nothing beats it for a really chilling
picture of the state of society and suffering in the time of the Buddha.