[Buddha-l] Subject Lines

Margaret Gouin Margaret.Gouin at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 03:25:09 MDT 2007

I don't want to stem in any way the free flow of debate on this admirable
list, but am I really the only person here who knows how to change the
subject line when I reply to a post so that it reflects in some way the
actual content of the message I am sending?

The heading--
Re: buddha-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17--
has by my count now been used and re-used and re-re-used for at least
three different discussions--on Israel and Iran, Ahmedinajad and Columbia
University, and how the Buddha may (or may not) have disciplined his
followers.

Given that as a subject line it didn't mean anything in the first place
(besides the fact that the person posting the original message receives
Buddha-l in digest form), it makes sorting out what to read and what to
skip, quite difficult.

Please can people be a little more mindful when posting to make a subject
line that actually relates to the content of their post?

Thank you very much for your kindness and consideration.

--
Margaret Gouin
PhD Candidate