[Buddha-l] Fwd: Prostrating couple from Tibet reaches Kathmandu

Weng-Fai Wong wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sun Oct 14 19:56:58 MDT 2007

Erik Hoogcarspel schreef:
> Does anyone or 'the Dharma' benefit from this potlatch of hard labour and
humility?
YES! It inspires faith and humility in folks like me - who generally can't
bring themselves to do anything more than give small sums of money here and
there in the name of practicing generosity.

> Where is the end? Prostrating around the world?
"Innumerable as sentinent beings are, I vow to save them all" - where is the
end of THAT?

> Wouldn't it be better to make a donation to Amnesty or Greenpeace?
That's just one of many things to one should do (not to Amnesty or
Greenpeace by the way, if you ask me). Prostration is another.

W.F. Wong