[Buddha-l] neuroscience: neural plasticity

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Tue May 29 19:44:52 MDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 7:15 PM, jkirk wrote:

> There is a short overview in today's Science section of the NY
> Times of Norman Doidge's new book on neural plasticity:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2yusra
>
> Doidge's website
>
> http://www.normandoidge.com/
Are you familiar with the research on vipassana and neural
plasticity? It is a provocative new area.

This is a fascinating new topic for meditation researchers interested
in "hardware". But really, that's also the problem: drug companies
love to sponsor "hard" research if it leads to the latest and
greatest multi-spectrum SSRI and gazillions for them. They'd love to
know how meditators are getting blissed out so they can sell it back
to others. That's why I always question the ultimate sponsors in
these sorts of things.

-Steve