[Buddha-l] Antarabhava

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 03:46:12 MDT 2007

Hi,

  Actually, I have read your article, as well as the commentaries and Kathavathu. Hence, the two questions arises.

  Thanks,
  Rahula

Piya Tan <dharmafarer at gmail.com> wrote:
  You might like to go to the Dharmafarer Website:
http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com
go to Downloads B:
download "Is rebirth immediate?"
It shows that many Theravada Buddhists (incl monks) accept the antarabhava doctrine.

Piya Tan

  On 5/9/07, Ngawang Dorje <rahula_80 at yahoo.com> wrote:    Hi,

  I have done some research about this issue.

  I just want to ask:

  1. Those who accept in antarabhava, how do you refute the Kathavathu (of there are only three types of existence), other than just saying its a later text?

  2. Those who reject, how do you explain about mindful conception mentioned in DN 28 & DN 33.

  Thanks,
  Rahula