[Buddha-l] Back to the core values?

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Jun 1 07:07:36 MDT 2007

Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:
> Can you say more about what Lombardo said and this sizable problem? Could
> Lombardo be saying the following? Homer's world lived by active myths which
> helped one to deal with inner processes. Some of us have lost the ability  to
> live according to the wonderful truths found in knowledge of ancient  stories.

Sorry - what I said already is about the extent of my recollection. He
has his "zen master" hat on at the time - so I was lucky to get this
much of an explanation out of him.

> You mention Jung. His interest in and understanding (a very faulty
> understanding in my opinion) of  Buddhism is very interesting.

I agree that when it comes to Asian religions (as well as Alchemy) Jung
is very interesting to read and ponder - but not  someone who can be
looked to as a reliable "source" on Buddhism qua Buddhism.

- Curt