[Buddha-l] The Buddhist Unconscious

Tao Jiang neither_nor_ist at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 09:55:11 MDT 2007

Bill Waldron's book is beautifully written and I learned a lot from it.  I actually copied the whole book because it was over $100!  I didn't realize there is a new and much more affordable edition out.  It's time for me to get it as a regular book.

  Speaking about the Buddhist unconscious, let me do a little shameless self-promotion for my book, Contexts and Dialogue: Yogacara Buddhism and Modern Psychology on the Subliminal Mind (University of Hawaii Press, 2006). You can follow this link to get more information about it. You can also download the introduction to the book from the site.
  http://www.uhpress.hawaii.edu/cart/shopcore/?db_name=uhpress&page=shop/flypage&product_sku=978-0-8248-3106-6

  If anybody has any question, please let me know (tjiang at rci.rutgers.edu). Thanks for the indulgence.

  Cheers,
  Tao

  Tao Jiang
  Department of Religion
  Rutgers University
  New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8525

Katherine Masis <twin_oceans at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Speaking of pricey books, has anyone read this one? I
just found it on the Internet yesterday.

William S. Waldron, *The Buddhist Unconscious: The
Alaya-vijñana in the context of Indian Buddhist
Thought* (Routledge, 2006). $37.95.

Katherine Masis